Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Childhood Songs Are the Greatest!

Tonight as I'm at work, I have the song, "I've got that joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart, ... where?!, .. down in my heart!, ... where?!, .. down in my heart, ...I've got that joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart......down in my heart to sttaaayyy, .. and I'm so happy, so very happy, I've got the love of Jesus in my heart!, .. and I'm so happy, so very happy!, I've got the love of Jesus in my heart!"   Man, what a great and fun song!

Another childhood song I love to have in my head is, .... "He's still working on me, to make me what I ought to be.... It took Him just a week to make the moon and the stars, the sun and the Earth and Jupiter and Mars... How lovely and patient He must be, ...He's still workin' on me".  So TRUE! Talk about patience. Whenever I complain about my timeline not lining up with God's, he's by far patient with my spats and complaints and if only I were more faithful and patient, I'd realize just how perfect His timing always is :)

"Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus, Oh for grace to trust Him more..."

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Good reminder. It really feels good to remember those simple, yet powerful, kid songs. Just like "Jesus Love me". Simple words, but wow, to think about how much He loves me even when I am acting unlovable at times. Enjoyed chatting with you tonight. Keep singing!!!!