Monday, March 17, 2008

An answered prayer

I recently visited The Village church out in the middle of no where but at least 45 minutes or so from where I currently live. Nonetheless, I am looking forward to going back! You see I've been going to Beautiful Feet ministries for church for almost 4 months now and don't get me wrong I LOVE IT, however I felt like I was needing something more. I was needing a place to worship for my own spriritual growth not that I can't have it at Beautiful feet, Lord knows I do, the homeless people there teach me something new each week! Still, my heart's desire was to be around people who weren't necessarily from semianry but weren't necessarily nonbelievers, married people or near my parent's age. These people are great and all but I was just feeling this emptiness to be around people more who were out tof the "semainary bubble" persay. So with all of that said, I feel like God is answering my prayer to have a church that I can go to for me and be surrounded by people my age learning abou Him and that being all that matters anyway and then on to serving him in the rejuvenated capacity through the homeless ministry, Beautiful Feet. I'm pretty siked to see God at work through me. With this, brun out hopefully will not be a factor, I can sign during the service with out feeling drained and instead can be reminded the night before that it isn't about me in the first place, it's about HIM.


Also, God's been showing me a lot about how running and discipleship with him go hand in hand. But considering I'm out of time for what I have to do next, I'll save that "lesson learned" for another time.

Thanks for reading,

P.S.: my friend, Sarah- job situation, big life changes, my friends Christina and Katrina- God's plan for them ( to make it clearer than it is now), My friends, Adam and Brandon- they are hiking 60 miles and camping for 5 days in the Smokys ( pray for their safety), my friend, Dominick-direction and comfort from God, my brother's knee, .... okay I'll stop there for now:), thanks again.

No comments: