Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Just a Follow up...

I'm back to "the great state of Texas" and as crazy as my weekend was traveling, I still am convinced it was more relaxing than my usual days have been for the past weke or so... Southwestern Savvy ( women's event) is this friday and in case you dind't know already, I'm the coordinator of it all which aka mean A LOT OF WORK! All the logistics I get to take care of however I'm looking forward to an awesome night of worship with women of Southwestern! The outline of the night is going to be worship, games (nothing cheesy) along with giveaways and then settling down with a guest speaker with the focal passsages being in Matthew 14: ending with music, fun fellowship, food and ministry opportunities! We even have a tshirt made for the night to reminisce over later on down the road:). The picture below is the shirt available in the campus store ($10).
Back to the out of town trip, It was great seeing my friend, Cay. I met her whenever I interpreted/lived in DC a few summers back. She was very hospitable allowing me to be the "laid back" one, it was nice! ( Thanks Cay), that was wednesday, then thursday evening I went out with my friend from the church I attended previously there, Stephen. He took me out to a meditteraen restuarant. It was a first time experience for me, but definitely a memorable one, ( in a good way of course). .. then it was off to finally see my college grls!! ( 301b!)... right away it was awesome! junk food!, girl talk and even down to knowing which gingerale I prefer over another ( which by the way is NOT Canadra Dry). Ahh, .. the joys of close friends! The following day (friday) we went out on the town (DC!) and not really sure what all we did but nonetheless it didn't really matter because we were together again and that's what was important! Saturday, was when I woke up extra early to catch a plane to NC in order to take a shower and ready for an hour long drive ahead of me in order to make it to my other friend, Courtney's bridal luncheon. It was definitely worth it though, a home cooked meal!!, .. oh and seeing my friend COURTNEY of course haha!MUAH- Court;)! Afterwards, checking into a motel only to catch a cat nap and then off to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner for the wedding the following day... oh and the lingerie shower after that! Yeah that was fun!:).. sorry no details. :p

The wedding was Sunday at 3pm; my mom ( in the pic) came early,that was nice, and then after the wedding (which was beautiful!) I got to finally see my dad and brother along with the rest of my aunts and uncles and cousins! Seeing my brother was one of my favorite parts of the entire trip even though I saw him for maybe 2 hours or so, it was still a great 2 hours. The following day (Monday), I woke up extra early once again to catch a plane out from NC to Texas so I could be in my seat by 12pm for a three hour long class.. yippee!!.. Now, I'm here in the library ( taking a study break- choke choke)... on a paper that I am struggling to finish. I feel like I have a bad case of senioritis and the bad part is, I'm no where near close to being finished ( or so it feels)..well.. sorry to chat so much, so fast and with so many useless details but that's what I've been up to... What about you?:)...

No comments: