Sunday, April 6, 2008

To anyone who wants to know....

First off, I want to thank all of you who have been such an encouragement to me not only through words(prayer) but also in action (financially) as I have been training for this race. It means a lot to me and to the people who are benefitted by the words and actions of your efforts are even more thankful than I.

However, due to the lack of funds recieved and the crunch time that is ahead of me, I have chosen to withdraw myself from the "team in training" to prevent the risk of not meeting my fundraising quota and in regard reeping the consequences of it. With all of that said, all of the money raised at this point will go towards finding a cure which was the top reason for running to begin with.

I'm trying my best to not look at this as a losing effort but as a great learning experience. I was able to learn about blood cancers and how big of a need there is for finding a cure as well as learning how to train and run disciplining myself as well as enduring hardships in order to become stronger. Proving my mind that even when I am mentally fatigued I must press on. With taking a chance on team in training I have gained great long lasting friendships as well as a new found hobbie:).

As for my honored hero whom I was running for, she is still in remission and just two days ago went for a check up and everything came back normal, PRAISE God!:).


Even though I am not able to continue with team in training I have learned a lot about myself and what I can do if I put my mind to it. If you've been reading my other blog posts then you know what I mean by that:).

I still continue to run just not as "hard" at least until I have trained my knee to handle the impact of the cement landings every step I take.

I'm not sure what race I will be running at this point but you can be sure that I will race in one in the near future!

Thanks and God Bless!

No comments: