Monday, June 23, 2008

What a great day... considering..

Nothing like a day with the sunshine pearing through my blinds waking me up this morning only as a gentle alarm clock instead of the blaring radio or loud beeping noise I swear someone invented that out of pure spite. I mentally prepared myself to work today from 3pm-12am which is a longer shift than I normally take so when I realized i didn't have to be in until 5pm well... it felt really nice! My plans instead of heading straight to work now became a trip to Chipotles for my regular chicken burrito. While I was at Chipotle I got my food and proceeded to get my drink and such and once I sat down I had a man hastily run to me enough to scare me only to tell me I left my car keys behind. I couldn't help but think to myself, " Thank you for not stealing my car" but aloud I just poiltely said, " Thanks!"- with a sigh of relief. After I inhailed half of the burrito I headed to Albertson's for some fruit (balancing out the calories;) )haha but I guess I spoiled that thought when I found the starbucks coffee drinks on sale!

I arrived to work in enough time to read a free newpaper catching myself on music concerts and events in the Forth Worth area but only to soon disappoint myself when realizing that the concert I've been wanting so badly to go to will be THIS Saturday at Billy Bobs!! HOOTIE AND THE BLOWFISH! Now if you don't understand my pain then you just don't know good music. Ever since I realized I will not be attending the awesomely "old school" band I've decided to sing, "Time" and "Let her Cry":( (in my head), nonetheless, now first on my list once I have enough "play money" is to buy their greatest hits c.d as well as thier cracked rear view c.d.:).

My friend, Sarah is still in town however I've been a workaholic lately all because Im going to Houston thursday for an interpreter's conference. It's actually not as boring as it sounds or at least not to me. I get to hang out with people that actually do the same thing I do on a daily basis with the same fun stories and can talk half way across the room if I want to because every one knows sign language. My favorite part is just hanging out with my co-workers, they are amazing people! Maybe we'll even have a "girl's night in" slumber party at the hotel:).

Random-I'm about to finish up a doubleshot Starbucks 15 oz. coffee after already drinking a Godiva mocha- I think this is the closest to on overdose that I'll ever get-but I sure feel good!


Guess that's about it...Hope you have an amazing rest of the week soaking up the sun and thanking God for all the awesome things He brings your way.

No comments: