Friday, March 2, 2007

Friday/Saturday

So yesterday morning I wake up for my first real test in Seminary. I realized in the middle of the test that I should have studied more Boldthan I did. Ofcourse! If anyone from Gardner-Webb is reading this right now you are probably laughing because you probably are well aware of my great procrastination abilities when it comes to "crunch time".

IHOP around here has free WIFI ( for those of you who live in the sticks this means free wireless internet). The other night I went out with one of my friends and well since it was after midnight you never know what to expect. This man comes in "drunk as a skunk" and on the verge of alcohol poisioning (in my opinion). This guy was beyond wasted and it was just sad. You see I live in seminary housing in a bubble.So as I was this man it reminded me that people over and over again head for the bottle when times get tough. I wanted to turn around (at the booth) and start talking to him right then about Jesus and just ask him why he chooses to drink but I knew it would not be the smartest idea for a girl my size to do especially with a drunkard so I didn't.

Today has been a pretty low key day, ... just kickin' back enjoying all the phone conversations, playing "catch up" with all my buddies back home and even the family so that was good. Now I am just kickin' back blogging to you guys/gals.

Tonight I am planning to go to an Upward Basketball Awards Ceremony and see a bunch of kids. I'm actually lookin' forward to it. I've been scared of kids quite honestly for the past few years or so just because I guess. So lately, God has been pushing events and activities involving kids so I'm just seein' what's next I guess. I just got back from a Disciple Now retreat ( last weekend). That was pretty great. I got to lead a group of 9th grade girls. It was my first one. I didn't expect to be as blessed as I was but then again God does/allows a lot of things that I don't always expect:)

After the game, I am going to meet up with two people I met recently and look forward to getting to know them better. It should be fun:) My prayer is to show GOd to them in a real way. They are not Christians, so prayer would be great:)

Well, I guess that is all I have to say for now. Thanks for "listening". Catch me lata!

I'm out!:)

No comments: